We discussed the Broken Window Fallacy Friday as it relates to the disaster in Japan. Here is a blog posting from Forbes Magazine with additional examples. Enjoy!
First off I love that the article is written in 22pt font, it makes it so much easier for me to read. I bet people have tried to use the broken window fallacy to justify all sorts of crazy behaviors. I once met someone who said, "Me committing crimes increases the demand for cops and thus insures there employment". I bet somewhere someone has used the broken window fallacy to justify killing someone because it creates business for the local mortuary. I enjoyed the article because logical fallacies interest me. I love when I'm in an argument with someone to be able to specifically classify there argument as a particular logical fallacy.
First off I love that the article is written in 22pt font, it makes it so much easier for me to read. I bet people have tried to use the broken window fallacy to justify all sorts of crazy behaviors. I once met someone who said, "Me committing crimes increases the demand for cops and thus insures there employment". I bet somewhere someone has used the broken window fallacy to justify killing someone because it creates business for the local mortuary. I enjoyed the article because logical fallacies interest me. I love when I'm in an argument with someone to be able to specifically classify there argument as a particular logical fallacy.
ReplyDelete