So, what did you do on Spring Break? Forty-eight SLCC students took the opportunity to view millions of dollars (and even take some of it home) during their break. When tour guide Ruth Aniceto commented on their dedication for coming during spring break, one student exclaimed, "no, it's extra credit!" Students were encouraged to take "a sample of genuine...U.S. currency" home with them, and all readily accepted. Their instructor even took a few extra samples--gotta keep the wife happy!
You had to go to get the dough, but ask any student who participated, and they will tell you there is hardly a "shred" of evidence that the Fed is missing any of the money.
A truly unforgettable event--ahh, the smell of money!


"Gotta keep the wife happy"... LOL! I love this class.
ReplyDeleteDavid C.
Very "cheeky" post! Thanks Professor Andrus! I really enjoyed the tour! Being able to say, "I stood next to 72 million," is pretty cool!
ReplyDeleteSandra Maki
I wish I could of gone but I'm in the middle of moving up to Layton so all week I was busy packing. Did they by chance mention how much it costs to print a single dollar bill?
ReplyDeleteI'm reading the Milton Freedman book "free to choose" currently. In the chapter called "The antinomy of crisis" Freedman claims that the running the federal reserve are a bunch of dum dums.
ReplyDeleteHe says
"It blames all problems on external influences beyond its control and takes control and takes credit for any and all favorable occurrences."
I don't understand how freedman can claim that the reserve is incompetent when the united states has the most powerful economy in the world and the US dollar is the International reserve currency. When you guys went to the Fed reserve to you get the impression that they didn't know what they were doing or that there was something shady going on?